University of Northern Colorado
Figuring out Who to Call

In the Chico area there are several different local utilities you need to get setup once you move in.

Local Gas and Electric Service
In Chico there is only one provider for power and gas, PG&E. It is a good idea to call a week or so before you move in, and check to see if power is on in the unit. At this time you can give PG&E the address of your new unit and let them know when you will be moving in. They will make sure that the electricity will be in your name once you move in. Don't get caught moving in in the dark, call first.

Local Telephone & Internet Providers
More than likely you will want to have phone and/or internet service established in your home. More information coming soon.

Local Cable TV and Television Providers
If you want television service in your new unit, there
are a few choices to choose from when it comes to television. More information coming soon.

This website is not owned or operated by University of Northern Colorado. This site is managed by in affiliation with University of Northern Colorado.

University of Northern Colorado will not be liable for any special or consequential damages which may result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials in this service. The University does not inspect, recommend, or guarantee off-campus housing advertised with this service. Complaints regarding unethical or inappropriate business practices or incidents of discrimination based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, disabled veteran, Vietnam era veteran and medical condition by any landlord, property manager or property owner should be reported to the UNC Student Activities Office, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO 80639, or call (970) 351-2871.